Tired of those annoying and frustrating black ants that get into everything? Are you hesitant to spray powerful chemicals in the house, particularly with children and pets around? Then give our Ceylon Cinnamon Leaf Oil a try. The all natural solution.
WHY CINNAMON OIL WORKS AGAINST ANTS
Disrupts ant communication - Cinnamon leaf oil upsets an ants sense of smell. Ants rely on a chemical scent known as pheromones to find food and send signals back to home base. That is why within minutes of you leaving a gooey syrup on the floor the ants and there. When you spray Cinnamon Oil, it destroys an ants communication system so ants avoid Cinnamon Oil. Eugenol is the magic ingredient in Ceylon Cinnamon Leaf Oil that makes it so effective. And ours has a minimum of 75% Eugenol which is near the maximum you can get.
Anti microbial/Anti bacterial - A 100% Ceylon Cinnamon Leaf Oil solution will instantly kill an ant on contact. It will burn them. Even diluted to 1% the scent is very powerful to ants. The trick is to use it judiciously. Dilute it to wipe down food preparation surfaces so the scent of food is not broadcast to ants and use a 100% cinnamon oil to create an ant exclusion zone.
Ideally you want to find the Queen ant and kill it with 100% cEYLON Cinnamon Leaf Oil but this easier said than done. In the meantime the best you can do is keep them out of your house.
WHY CINNAMON LEAF OIL FOR ANTS
- Fast - Works within minutes
- Cost effective. A little goes a long way.
- Child safe
- Pet friendly
- Exotic scent that boosts alertness
- No oily residue. Works like a fine perfume.
- Non staining on 99% of surfaces
- Chemical Free
- Safe to spray anywhere including your fruit bowl, fruits, ant covered cakes and desserts.
- Can be used outside and inside the house
- Multiple uses - disinfects the house, use for aroma therapy, athletes foot wash and much more.
Cinnamon is well known to repel ants. Our Leaf Oil packs 100% times the power of cinnamon powder or sticks. It's not fool proof but used correctly it is safe, cost effective, all natural and works 99% of the time.
Our high quality 2oz Ceylon Cinnamon Leaf Oil bottle should last you a long time. A tiny amount goes a long way. It's not the usual diluted or blended Cinnamon Oil or synthesized Cinnamon extract. It also has a lovely exotic scent that is also a powerful anti bacterial.
ABOUT BLACK ANTS
Blacks ants are common in dry areas or where there is sandy soil. They are approximately .06 inches long and can be a real nuisance. Their stings are mild but technically they can still contaminate your food and transmit disease. They love anything sugary, nectars, flies, dead roaches, small insects and fruit.
Although they are mostly black in color, some can be a light brown color. Black ants are social creatures, living in colonies of Queens, males, larvae and infertile female worker ants. When a Queen brings her colony into a house, the infestation is mostly annoying and does not usually represent a health threat. But you should get rid of them because they get into food and ruin it.
BEST PRACTISES TO CONTROL BLACK ANTS
- Clean and put away all food in tight containers
- Wipe down countertops, cupboards floors with Cinnamon Oil
- Use a micro fiber cloth to wipe down embedded food
- Do not leave dirty dishes with water in the sink
- Empty your trash can every night or at least mark the perimeter of the trash with a Q dipped in n100% cinnamon oil
- Spray Cinnamon Oil in water filled flower vases
- Spray entry points such as doors, windows and cracks with Cinnamon
- Try to trace the ants to the source and spray nest
About Carpenter Ants
It is the larger black ants, also called carpenter ants that represent a serious problem. They nest above ground in cavities and can destroy the materials (structural wood, insulation, sheathing and so forth) that surround their nests. Thousands of dollars in damage can be caused by a single carpenter ant nest as it grows. Usually they forage outside the house for food and water. However during late winter and early spring they can come into your living space, looking food since an outside source of food is not available at these times. They are scavengers and predators who will take whatever food they can find.
Best practices to control Carpenter Ants
1. Regular Inspections - Inspect the exterior of your whole house (including roof) regularly especially during the warm months, Look for ants moving around in a single file and trace it back to the origin.
2. Remove Plants - Do not put plants against the exterior walls of the house. It should be at least 12 inches away as ants can use plants as a bridge to jump over any perimeter treatments.
3. Clean Crawl Space - Keep the crawl space under your house clean and free of any debris so it is easy to check and does not create any nooks and crannies that ants can build colonies under. Block off any entry points so animals don't get in, die and offer plenty of food for the ants.
4. Regular Perimeter Treatment - Spray the Cinnamon Oil where the house siding overlaps the foundation.
To date we have only used Cinnamon Leaf Oil to control only black house ants and the larger black carpenter ants. We have not tried it with red ants. It is certainly worth a try. But since it's outside, a commercial bait is a good risk, unless of course you have children who will play on the soil that you will put the bait on.