We show you tried and tested real strategies to reverse Type 2 diabetes with research studies to back it up. Even if you are on heavy doses of diabetes medica ton. Hard to believe, but we have been so brain washed into believing it is incurable we do not think it is possible. This is without using Ceylon Cinnamon since the FDA bans us from even discussing it.
Avoid most of the advice of the American Diabetes Association. They all funded by the biggest drug companies as listed here. Most medical research is also influenced by big pharma as evidenced by this Washington Post Article. They are simply in the business to keep you just alive to fleece your wallet.
The problem for most people we find is that it is hard to get rid of decades long bad eating habits. After all it took decades of practice to get your body to run on sugar and high carbs. Your body is so hooked on bad food it will fight you like a devil has possessed you. But a slow steady approach will cure it within a year. Here is how to do it.
Follow the Keto diet
- This is a radical diet involving a ratio of 70% fat, 20% protein and 10% carbs for each. Originally used as a post Cancer treatment, it now gaining wide popularity. It is very tough to do as you body has to be Keto adapted. Watch this video
from Dr. Burg which really explains it very well. Contrary to popular belief a low fat diet will not cure diabetes. Good quality high fat will eliminate your diabetes by reducing your carb addictions and controlling your blood sugar levels. But remember fats have high calories so stick to the amount of fat you need. We give you detailed weight loss instructions here.
- According to Dr. Jason Fung's new book " The Diabetes Code
) intermittent fasting is one of the best ways to to reverse type 2 diabetes. If you a prediabetic or a type 2 diabetic you must get this book. It will save you.
Every time we eat we spike insulin. The idea is to reduce this incidence of insulin spikes by eating only a few times a day within a set period. For example a 20:4 fasting technique involves fasting for twenty hours and eating within the next 4 hour window. Fasting is not a caloric reduction and proven safe. Watch Dr. Eric Berg video on fasting here.
Make fresh food - You should throw out all your packaged food with three of more ingredients. This is probably is probably the hardest to do. It will take some practice to make fresh food everyday but it far tastier and healthier. We think a traditional Japanese diet or Mediterranean diet with Olives is great. Avoid cereals like the plague and you can have dinner type meals like Soup, stews, chicken for breakfast.
Get rid of all supplements
- Like drugs virtually all forms of supplements contain all manner of additives. In some ways supplements are even worse than medication. We list dangers of Cinnamon supplement here
which will applies to most supplements. Spend the money on real food.
Cut the sugar
- All indications are that sugar is more addictive than Cocaine. Emerging evidence suggests sugar is the major cause of cholesterol, brain illnesses like Alzheimer's/ADHD/Parkinson's, wrinkles on your face, Candida overpopulation, toenail fungus, and cancer? Seems like a heavy price to pay for having something sweet even occasionally. Watch this documentary on sugar.
Avoid the Dairy - Considering that nearly 70% of the World is lactose intolerant it a good idea to avoid. At the end of the day Dairy products have of sugar. The US dairy products are some of the worst products ever designed. If you really crave milk products make sure it comes from high quality grass fed cows. In moderation.
Natural Herbs and Spices - We cannot talk about Cinnamon, but other things like Turmeric, Cloves, Oregano, Rosemary, Curry Leaves, Garlic, Ginger reduces your blood sugar levels somewhat. Incorporate these spices and herbs in moderation to your recipes and not in excess. Turmeric is an active oxilate that can damage your liver if taken in excess. Restrict it to no more than 1/2 tsp twice a week per meal. Ceylon Cinnamon is also a great addition for creating tasty complex multi flavors to meats, smoothies, soups, and stews.
Moderate exercise - Exercise is well known to modulate your blood sugar levels. However never repeat patterns in exercise as your body will become more efficient and exercise become less effective. So you can exercise on a Monday and then again on Tuesday. The next week you can exercise every day and then stop for a week. Mix up the type of exercise from swimming, weight lifting, dancing to playing a sport.
- There increasing evidence lack of proper sleep increases your risk of diabetes. This research study
showed that the lowest risk of diabetes for those who got between 7-8 hours of sleep.