A simple elegant potato curry with the subtle infusion of Ceylon Cinnamon, Turmeric and sliced eggs for your protein. The coconut milk and the sprinkling of lime juice adds a refreshing flavor to this dish. Makes an ideal companion dish to rice or Asian pancakes.
Prep Time : 30 minutes
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 4-6 people
- 2.0 lbs. potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 green chili cut lengthwise with the seed removed
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. of fenugreek seeds
- 5.6 oz. coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp. of lime juice
- 2 cups of water (for gravy)
- 5 hardboiled eggs
- Add the onions, fenugreek seed and Ceylon Cinnamon stick, Turmeric, curry leaves and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the raw potatoes and bring to a boil until the potatoes are tender. While this is being done hard boil the eggs in separate pan.
- Once the potatoes are cooked (about 25 minutes), add the one cup of coconut milk and salt and allow to boil for another 2 minutes.
- Slice the boiled eggs in half and add to the potato curry and let it summer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze 1-2 tsp of lime juice.