Cinnamon sticks can be used in a variety of ways and for a variety of reasons, depending on the type of Cinnamon. Ceylon Cinnamon is the only Cinnamon variety that is soft and fragile while all other types of Cinnamon are hard and tough.
Cinnamon is primarily used for cooking. It adds great flavor and smell to baked good, Asian curries and desserts. It is one of those spices that mixes well with a variety of ingredient but especially orange and honey. It can be used whole, broken into small pieces so the aroma and flavor comes out or ground and mixed into food like cakes.
CINNAMON USE FOR HEALTH REASONS
People have been using Cinnamon for health reasons for many hundreds of years.
While we think there is compelling evidence that Cinnamon works for health reasons, the FDA does not believe the evidence is sufficient. Nevertheless if you believe it will help for health reasons, then by all means have some Cinnamon everyday. Just take it in moderation. The recommenced dosage of Cinnamon according to the US Department of health, is 6 grams daily for 6 weeks or less
HOW TO USE CINNAMON STICKS
1. Make Cinnamon Stick Tea - While you can add a stick of Cinnamon to your coffee or tea, to extract the full benefit of Cinnamon you need to slow boil it. Discover how here.
2. Add a whole stick to rice - Add the stick to rice as you boil the rice. When its cooked the rice will give off a great Cinnamon scent and flavor. It's best to use Ceylon Cinnamon, which will give it a subtle sophisticate taste. Add half teaspoon of Turmeric into the rice too. That will make the rice yellow and very appetizing.
3. Make Cinnamon essence for baking - Immerse 2 Cinnamon sticks in 3 ounces of light rum, keep it a cool dark place for two weeks, shaking it everyday. You can just add the this essence to flavor any baking or cooking recipes that calls for Cinnamon essence. Click here for cinnamon extract recipe
4. Foot Wash - Got a bad case of Athletes foot? Break 2-3 three Cinnamon sticks and put it into some warm to hot water and immerse your feet in it for 20 minutes or so. Cinnamon has powerful anti fungal properties that should get rid of your foot fungus.
5. Flavored Water - Add one Cinnamon stick to a pot of water on medium heat and bring it to a slow boil, add a slice of orange and take it to work. It's a great refreshing drink. Try this Cinnamon lime recipe for a different twist.
6. Add to Curries - A stick of Cinnamon to Asian curries adds a warmth and depth to the the dish, especially a beef or chicken curry. Click here for a wonderful array of light Sri Lankan curry recipes.
7. Powdered Cinnamon - In a spice blender, blend a few Cinnamon sticks and use it in recipes that call for Cinnamon powder. Sure you can use store bought Cinnamon powder but good cooks know store bought only delivers only 10% of the power of freshly ground Cinnamon. Besides Cinnamon sticks can be kept for a much longer time, as long as long as you keep it in a cool dark place away from sunlight.
8. Make a Face or Foot Wash - Blend some Cinnamon powder (not too fine), mix with some Olive Oil and Sugar and you have a truly powerful anti-oxidant face wash that will leave your skin nice and soft.
9. Mulled Wine - A stick of Cinnamon Cinnamon, especially Ceylon Cinnamon is an absolute must for making the perfect mulled wine. This tasty hot drink is an absolutely fantastic Christmas tradition. Click here for our mulled wine recipe with video instructions.
|Cinnamon Stick Tea|
|Te De Canela|
|Cinnamon Lime Gym Hydration|
|Hot Apple Cider|
|Cinnamon Stick Tea with Ginger and Honey (Without Tea leaves)|
Cinnamon with meat
|Cinnamon Tomato Shrimp Curry|
|Red Lentils with Ceylon Cinnamon & Coconut Milk|
|Amazing Sri Lanka Cinnamon Mackerel Fish Curry|
|Cinnamon Beef Curry with Potatoes|
|Persian Spiced Beef with dates & Cinnamon|
|Cinnamon Lamb Curry|
|Cinnamon Pork Curry with grated coconut|
|Moroccan Cinnamon Date Chicken|
|Cinnamon Congee with Ginger Pork & Fried Shallots|
|Greek style Cinnamon Marinara sauce with Pasta|
|Ceylon Cinnamon Chicken Curry|
|Moroccan Ceylon Cinnamon Lamb|
|Cinnamon Beet Curry (Extreme Health Dish)|
Cinnamon Snacks or Short eats
|Cinnamon Pork Cutlets|
|Cinnamon with Vegetables|
|Cinnamon Green Bean Curry|
|Green beans with Ceylon Cinnamon|
|Cinnamon Cabbage Stir Fry|
|Cinnamon Potato and Egg Curry + Video|
|Cinnamon chick peas with tomato|
|Cinnamon Apple Chutney + Video|
|Cinnamon with Rice or Pasta|
|Ceylon Cinnamon Fried Rice|
|Cinnamon Beef Noodle Soup|
Cinnamon Sweet Recipes
|Cinnamon Custard Pie (Martha Stewart)|
|Caramelized Cinnamon Flan (Ground Cinnamon)|
|Chocolate & Cinnamon Flan|
|Catalan Cinnamon Creme Brulee|
|Cinnamon Extract Recipe|
|Apple Cinnamon Champagne|
|Simple Cinnamon Champagne|